How Do I Find My Phone’s Serial Number?
- Your phone has an identifying serial number that is unique. Depending on your phone, it may be called an International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) number, a Mobile Equipment Identifier (“MEID”) number, or an Electronic Serial Number (“ESN”).
- You can locate your phone’s identifying number using one of the methods described below.
- The number will have one of these names:
- IMEI (this is always a 15- or 16-digit number)
- MEID (this is always a 14- or 18-digit number and may include 0-9 and/or A-F)
- ESN (this is always an 8- or 11-digit number and may include 0-9 and/or A-F)
Look on the back of your phone
- On an iPhone, you may find the IMEI, MEID, or ESN number printed or engraved on the back of the phone. The number may also be printed on the SIM Card tray.
- On most Android Phones, the IMEI, MEID, or ESN number is printed or engraved on the back of the phone near the battery.
- On a Windows phone, you may find the IMEI, MEID, or ESN number printed or engraved on your phone label, which is located under the back cover.
Look under your phone’s battery
- This option is not available for phones without accessible batteries, such as iPhones.
- Turn OFF your phone and remove the back cover. You MUST turn off your phone before proceeding or you risk losing data on your phone.
- Once your phone is off and you have removed the back cover, carefully remove the phone’s battery. The IMEI, MEID, or ESN number is printed on the sticker on the battery compartment.
Look on the original phone box
- The IMEI, MEID, or ESN number may be printed on the original box that came with your phone.
Look in your phone’s Settings
- Turn your phone on.
- On an Android phone, open Settings. Tap “About Phone” or “About Device” > “Status” and scroll down to “IMEI” or “MEID”
- On an iPhone, open Settings. Tap “General” > “About” and scroll down to “IMEI” or “MEID”
- On a Windows phone, open Settings. Tap “About” and look for “IMEI” or “MEID”
- Turn your phone on.
- Open your phone’s keypad and dial *#06#. The identifying number should appear directly on your phone’s screen. For some phones, you do not have to be connected to a network to use this option.